Gilad Atzmon's American Grassroots Tour
I will be touring the USA in the next three weeks. I will be talking about The Wandering Who, Jewish identity politics, music & ethics and the future of Palestine. I will be giving many radio interviews and scheduled for a few TV appearances. Truth, Justice & Peace is all we want.
Please spread the message.
- Friday, Feb. 24, 7 pm—Islamic Society of York Region, 1380 Stouffville Rd., Richmond Hill, ON; tickets $10 per person. Contact: (905) 887-8913.
- Saturday, Feb. 25, 7:30 pm—Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts, 1428 Alice St., Oakland, CA; suggested donation of $10-$20. Contact: (510) 224-3518.
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 8 pm— University of La Verne, 1950 3rd St., La Verne, CA. Morgan Auditorium, 8 pm. Contact: (909) 593-3511.
- Wednesday, Feb. 29, 7:30 pm—Levantine Cultural Center, 5998 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA. Free, reservations suggested. Contact: (310) 657-5511.
- Thursday, March 1, 7 pm—University of Colorado Campus, Boulder, CO. UMC, Free for the public.
- Friday, March 2, 8-11 pm—Buntport Theater, 717 Lipan Street, Denver, CO. Free, Contact: 303-669-7286
- Saturday, March 3, 7-10 pm—3rd Street Center, Carbondale, CO.
- Monday, March 5, 7-10 pm—Café Nayal, 6328 Richmond Ave., Houston, TX 77057.
- Wednesday, March 7, 7-9 p.m—Northeastern Illinois University Recital Hall, 5500 North St. Louis Ave., Chicago, IL; free.
- Friday, March 9, 7 pm—discussion, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 1111 Humanities.
- Friday, March 9, 10 pm—music portion to follow, The Weary Traveler, 1201 Williamson St., Madison, WI.
- Saturday, March 10 – Atlanta, GA. More information to come.
- Sunday, March 11, 3-5 pm—Plymouth Congregational Church with Maceo Kemp, 5301 North Capitol St., Washington, DC, open to public, donation to church recommended/not required.
- Sunday, March 11, 6:30-9:30 pm — DC Jazz session at Dahlak Restaurant, 1771 U St. NW, Washington, DC; no cover charge.
- Tuesday, March 13, 7 pm —The Cracker Factory, 35 Lehigh St., Geneva, NY. Contact: (315) 246-4395.
- Wednesday, March 14, 6:30-8:30 pm—Gilad Atzmon discusses The Wandering Who? and other matters with Norton Mezvinsky, Connecticut State Professor of History Emeritus, at the Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church, 900 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington, DC; free and open to the public.
- Thursday, March 15, 5-7 pm —Music and talk at DC Peace House, 1233 12th St. NW, Washington, DC; free and open to the public.
- Thursday, March 15, 8 pm—possible additional event TBA.
- Friday, March 16 – New York, NY. More information to come.
Gilad's tour is supported by:
The Washington Report
The Global March to Jerusalem
One Democratic State (Texas)
Students for Justice in Palestine
Geneva NY appearance is a benefit for Deir Yassin Remembered
Argus Fest (Denver)
Students 4 Peace & Justice (Boulder)
Washington, DC appearances are co-sponsored by the Washington Report, Deir Yassin Remembered, If Americans Knew and Jewish Witnesses for Peace and Friends.