3rd Intifada or Nakba II?
By Gilad Atzmon
- Who cares? The Western media displays little interest in covering the current Israel/ Palestine clashes.
- The Israeli Hasbara prefers to keep a low profile right now. The current collisions between Israeli policing forces and Palestinians are taking place well within Israel’s pre-1967 borders. This means that for all practical purposes, the Two State Solution has lost any viability.
- The so-called Israeli-Arabs, or shall we say, the Palestinians who possess Israeli citizenship are confronting the brutality of the Jewish mob.
- There have been calls for pogroms against Arab-Israeli citizens from all quarters of Israeli society
- Israel’s ordinarily hawkish government appears relatively restrained in its reaction to Palestinian resistance and Hamas’ action in Gaza.
- How come?
- Israel is waiting and hoping for a disaster. A tragic event would provide its military with an excuse to implement its harshest measures.
- Bearing in mind that ‘by way of deception’ is deeply rooted in Hebraic culture and Israeli tactics, Israel doesn't really need a Palestinian to provide a pretext for a war.
- The conclusion is inescapable, we are at the brink of a disastrous scenario.
- The question remains open; is it the 3rd Intifada or Nakba II? Is it a Palestinian uprising or are Israelis ethnically cleansing again?
- Although the terminology differs, from an Israeli perspective there is no contradiction between the two, they are complimentary steps to the same goal namely, a Jews-Only State